Yes, the quotation marks are intentional, because while it may be Thanksgiving, it's hardly a break. I'm flying home this afternoon for three full days of delicious food and family togetherness. Unfortunately, in those three days, I also need to write most, if not all, of the following:
- 20 pages of my history seminar paper
- 6-page paper on the relationship between Stalin and Shostakovich
- 6-page paper on the role of the idealized American farmer in presidential elections
- 7-minute presentation on the concept of republican motherhood and citizenship in the early American republic
- 12-minute presentation on the Nazi use of traditional German music
So, while I am very eager to go home and see my family and eat tasty food, I'm wigging out a little about the amount of work that I need to complete. Let's just say I'll be making judicious use of my 12 hours of travel time. On the upside, I have two new albums to listen to as I work: Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster and Adam Lambert's For Your Entertainment (snagged for 99 cents through Amazon's mp3 sale). So far, I quite like most of the songs on both, and they're very catchy.
Probably won't be updating over the break, so Happy Thanksgiving (or generic harvest holiday) to all.